Monthly Archives: April 2016
The animals have taken over our autism friendly screenings this month. See what’s coming up at a cinema near you…
The Jungle Book at selected ODEON cinemas* on Sunday 24 April at 11:30am.
ODEON* trial screenings for older audiences: The Huntsman: Winter’s War (12A) on Monday 25 April at 6pm. This is at nine selected cinemas**.
Capture the Flag at selected Vue cinemas on Sunday 24 April at 10am.
Zootropolis at selected Cineworld cinemas on Sunday 1 May at 11am.
The Jungle Book (PG) at selected Showcase cinemas on Sunday 8 May at 10am.
The Angry Birds Movie at selected ODEON cinemas** on Sunday 22 May at 11:30am.
ODEON* trial screenings for older audiences: X-Men Apocalypse (12A) on Monday 23 May at 6pm. This is at nine selected cinemas**.
Alvin and the Chipmunks – Roadchip at selected Vue cinemas on Sunday 29 May at 10am.
As always, adjustments will be in place for all of the screenings. These include: lights being left on low, no adverts, lower sound levels, people being able to move around the cinema and able to take their own food. Flyers are attached to my email – please do print and share, as well as send onto anybody you feel would be interested in the screenings.
*Please note; Greenwich ODEON’s April autism friendly screening is starting at 12pm due to the marathon.
*ODEON tickets may be subject to a £1 Blockbuster charge if the film is a new release.
**Please remember ODEON’s trial of Autism Friendly Screenings for older audiences are screened at 6pm on the Monday following ODEON’s usual Autism Friendly Screening, at nine cinemas selected to run the trial. Birmingham Broadway Plaza, Blanchardstown, Cardiff, Glasgow Quay, Greenwich, Sheffield, Southampton, Trafford Centre and Wimbledon ODEON cinemas are participating in this trial.
- Vue and Showcase films start at 10am, Cineworld films start at 11am and ODEON films start at 11.30am and 6pm for the adult screening trial – there are no trailers so please make sure you are seated in time
- Full list of participating cinemas
- List of ODEON cinemas selected to run Autism Friendly Screenings for older audiences
- ODEON tickets can be booked from 5pm on the Tuesday before the screening through the ODEON accessibility helpline number 0800 138 3315. Or bookonline
- ODEON tickets may be subject to a £1 Blockbuster charge for new releases
- Vue tickets can be booked online or for information call 08712 240 240
- Cineworld tickets can be booked online or for information call 0871 200 2000
- Showcase tickets can be booked online or by calling 0871 220 1000
- For answers to all your questions about Autism Friendly Films please visit our FAQs page
- To sign up to our film e-news bulletin and get the latest Autism Friendly Film Screening news straight to your inbox please visit e-news
- Vue tickets are priced from £1.99 because they are older films.
Visit www.dimensions-uk.org/autismfriendly for more information. Please do email if you have any questions.
Thanks again and enjoy the films!
Sarah Clarke (Nee Walters)
there for the people we support
Mobile: 07903 044 812
Office: 0300 303 9003 Ext: 1558
Web: www.dimensions-uk.org | Twitter: www.twitter.com/dimensionsuk
Address: 6-8 Churchill House, Meetinghouse Lane, Sheffield, S1 2DP
The aim of the clinic is to provide parents, carers and extended family members, professional advice, access to further signposting and resources. The clinics are free of charge. Donations are welcome.