At the moment school is planned to be open tomorrow. However please read the attached letter re the requirement for you to be able to collect your child from school if necessary later in the day. Thank you.
Monthly Archives: February 2018
As texted to families this morning we are open as usual today (Wed) we are looking at the forecasts for tomorrow carefully.
Due to the unpredictable weather, the English Revision Club after school on Wednesday is cancelled.
Students will go home at normal time tomorrow.
We have had to make the decision to cancel the Transition Evening that was due to take place this evening. This is due to the risk of more snow and icy roads.
Tuesday 27th February 2018 at 6 – 7.30 pm
Oak Grove College: Hall
Do not miss your chance to meet representatives from a variety of Further Education and Adult Placements in and around the West Sussex area:
Including Chichester and Brinsbury College, Chailey Heritage, Coastal Enterprise, The Pines, Ferring Country Centre and Independence Homes to name but a few. We will also have the LD Transition Team and Department for Work and Pensions on hand to answer any of your queries.
Please find attached various flyers with information on family fun days and activities happening through Extratime who are one of our short break providers.
Becky was an exceptional member of staff at Oak Grove College from September 2010 until April 2014 and she made a significant contribution to enriching the lives of young people. Her mum, Jane and sister, Nicki, work at the College.
Many people have expressed the desire to support the family at this difficult time. The link here takes you to a crowd funding page to help raise money for all the families involved.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to those families and friends affected by this tragic loss.
Cineworld host an autism friendly cinema screening on the first Sunday of every month at 11am.
Cineworld’s next autism friendly film screening is Early Man on Sunday 4th February at 11am.
Showcase host an autism friendly cinema screening on the second Sunday of the month at 10am.
Showcase’s next autism friendly film screening is Early Man on Sunday 11th February at 10am.
ODEON host an autism friendly cinema screening every month at 10:15am. At a select number of cinemas, ODEON are trialling screenings for older audiences.
ODEON’s next autism friendly film screening is Early Man on Sunday 25th February at 10:15am.
ODEON’s next autism friendly films for older audiences at 9 cinemas is Black Panther (tbc) on Monday 26th February at 6pm.
Please note Epsom ODEON’s Sunday screening time is 11am.
Vue host an autism friendly cinema screening on the last Sunday of every month at 10:15am, from £1.99.
Vue’s next autism friendly film screening is Paddington 2 on Sunday 25th February at 10:15am.
As always, adjustments will be in place for all of the screenings. These include: lights being left on low, no adverts, lower sound levels, people being able to move around the cinema and able to take their own food.
*ODEON tickets may be subject to a £1 Blockbuster charge if the film is a new release.
- Showcase films start at 10am, Vue films start at 10:15am, Cineworld films start at 11am and ODEON films start at 10.15am and 6pm for the adult screening trial – there are no trailers so please make sure you are seated in time
- Full list of participating cinemas
- List of ODEON cinemas selected to run Autism Friendly Screenings for older audiences
- ODEON tickets can be booked from 5pm on the Tuesday before the screening through the ODEON accessibility helpline number 0800 138 3315. Or book online
- ODEON tickets may be subject to a £1 Blockbuster charge for new releases
- Vue tickets can be booked online or for information call 08712 240 240
- Cineworld tickets can be booked online or for information call 0871 200 2000
- Showcase tickets can be booked online or by calling 0871 220 1000
- For answers to all your questions about Autism Friendly Films please visit our FAQs page
- For the latest Autism Friendly Screening news sign up to our enewsletter on our website
- Vue tickets are priced from £1.99 because they are older films.
Visit www.dimensions-uk.org/autismfriendly for more information. Please do email if you have any questions.
Thanks again and enjoy the films!