It has been wonderful to see almost the full college return this week and to see our community back learning and developing together.
We have been very lucky with the weather, which has helped to ensure all has gone smoothly.
There are a number of points that I would like to remind families about to ensure we can continue to make the new ways of working as smooth as possible:
- Anything that is coming into college for the class teams (eg personal care materials including PE kits and bags) must be labelled with the student’s first name and surname.
- Families doing the morning drop off should arrive at 8:45am; please do not arrive early.
- Families picking up at the end of the day should do so from the parent gate. And those in Avatar, Marvel and Da Vinci please do not come across to the gate until 2:55pm. Koa and Animus students will come out at 2:45pm.
- Parking continues to be difficult, especially as there are roadworks on The Boulevard, but please do not park in the yellow hashed areas or on the yellow lines as that snarls the whole site up quickly. We have got the end of the day routine down to 20 minutes, but it is hectic and we must keep groups of students (and staff) separate from each other.
- Only planned visitors can come into reception. Please do not turn up without having spoken to a member of staff first.
We are following the PHE guidance and it is important that all families have read and understood the letter about this that I sent out on Wednesday 9.1120. Following the rules on self-isolation is what keeps all members of our community safe. I appreciate this is a real challenge when it is really difficult to book a test.
Thank you to everyone for ensuring that getting back to college at the start of the academic year has been a successful, positive experience. The staff team has worked exceptionally hard to ensure we are doing things in a safe manner and I look forward to a full year of fun and learning.