OAK GROVE COLLEGE
Required as soon as possible on a temporary contract initially.
We are seeking to develop a new role at Oak Grove to enhance our lunchtime experience to ensure that the social development of all is promoted alongside a positive attitude to a healthy lifestyle.
The individuals appointed will need to have experience of the following:
* Ability to deliver games and activities
* Ability to promote students’ social development and self esteem
* Capacity to work flexibly across range of student settings
* Effective team working
* Fluency in English
* Play/ Sports leaders qualification
* Experience in leading activities.
* Ability to work with staff to support with Manual Handling issues
* To be proactive in promoting and engaging in positive interactions with students during the lunchtime supervision period which supports the development of social interaction
* To supervise students during lunchtime, both indoors and outdoors
* To serve out and, if necessary, cut up and prepare lunch for students so the students can swallow the food
* To support and supervise students as they eat
* To undertake various additional tasks e.g. cleaning students after soiling, helping students change if they get wet or muddy, taking them to a First aider if they have a minor accident
* To prepare activities for play, getting equipment ready, supervising the activity, encouraging participation, interact with the students and put equipment away at the end of lunchbreak
* To supervise students during wet play, get out and play games and activities with students, putting activities and games away at the end of lunch break
A programme of support and training will be offered.
Hours: 7.5 hours per week (12.00 to 1.30) Term Time Only plus some INSET Days will be required
Salary: Grade 3
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 18 January
Please send your application to or for further information contact:
Sharon Kettlewell Via e-mail to: email@example.com