Required from September 2018 – Temporary contract initially for one academic year.
We require a Teaching Assistants to work in our Secondary School for students with a wide variety of Special Educational Needs.
Teaching Assistants work alongside other staff to support pupils with their learning.
The individual appointed will need to have experience of the following:
- A wide variety of communication strategies
- Be able to work with students who require personal care
- Be able to work with a variety of students with complex needs
- Be able to engage and motivate students
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be able to use their initiative and be able to work effectively in a team.
- Be flexible to work across the whole college as required
Prior experience with students with complex learning needs is preferred but not essential as a programme of support and training will be offered.
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, Term Time Only plus INSET Days
Salary: Grade 3 (£8.82 per hour)
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 20 June 2018.
For further information or application pack please contact:
Mrs Kettlewell at Oak Grove College,
The Boulevard, Worthing,
West Sussex BN13 1JX
or telephone 01903 705437.
Oak Grove College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We require employees to undertake an enhanced DBS criminal record check.