About Our College
Oak Grove College is a community generic special school in West Sussex providing special education for students with learning difficulties from Year 7 to Year 14. We have 263 students on roll who are taught in groups most appropriate for their individual and social needs.
Here at Oak Grove College we are all immensely proud of our College and we would normally welcome visits from families and indeed from professionals from other organisations however at the moment there are restrictions on this based on the risks posed by Covid 19. As a community generic special school we take seriously our commitment to providing the very best for young people while they are with is, but also in developing the skills, confidence and aspirations of the wider community to provide the very best for all once they leave the college.
All we do is underpinned by the principle of “Everyone matters, every day counts”.
- We will develop the capacity of students to think and act, both independently and responsibly.
- We will equip students with the necessary skills and attitudes to access the wider community and become good citizens.
- We will offer personalised learning, matched to the needs of each student.
- We will engage and motivate students through high quality teaching and a customised curriculum.
- We will support personal development through care, pastoral and behaviour management arrangements.
- We will enhance development of students through delivery and reinforcement of therapy programmes.
- We will review and evaluate the College’s work in order to improve it further.
- We will work as a team to provide everybody at our College with a sense of belonging.
- We will show care and treat each other with respect.
- We will sustain a positive and rewarding climate for students, staff and others to work in, showing pride in effort and achievement.
- We will ensure that there are effective communication systems, links with parents / carers and to the wider community.
- We will recruit, train and support staff to create a highly competent team of reflective professionals.
- We will develop and deploy resources to meet the full range and complexity of needs.
- We will engage with other agencies to maximise support and opportunities for students.
- We will offer a wide range of activities and experiences that promote and encourage positive links and involvement with the community.
- We will share our resources and expertise with other schools, agencies and organisations, and we will be a force for good and positive change in the community.