Oak Grove College is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from neglect, physical, sexual or emotional harm. Paid staff and volunteers will at all times show respect and understanding for the rights, safety and welfare of our service users and conduct themselves in a way that reflect the principles of our organisation.
We will do this by:
- ensuring that all of our paid staff and volunteers are carefully selected, trained and supervised;
- assessing all risk carefully that children and young people encounter and taking all necessary steps to minimise and manage them;
- letting parents and children and young people know how to voice concerns or complaints about anything that they may not be happy with;
- giving parents, children and young people and workers information about what we do and what can be expected from us.
- requiring clubs, societies, groups hiring from Oak Grove College, to have and abide by their own code, policies and procedures which a copy must be shown to us;
- responding to allegations appropriately with full investigation and, if appropriate, implement the disciplinary and appeals procedures and
- to develop and implement an appropriate monitoring and review system to ensure compliance with Oak Grove College’s Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
Oak Grove College has adopted the following policies and procedures for paid and voluntary staff to ensure the safety and well-being of children and young people.
Child Protection Policy, Physical Restraint Policy, Stay Safe (Anti Bullying) Policy, Online Safety policy, Safer recruiting, Educational Visits Policy and Positive Relationships Policy.
To access these and our complaints policy use the link to go to the Policies page of the website
Get in Touch
If you would like more information, please do not hestitate to contact us. Please click on the button below: