Transition from Oak Grove College
Transition for all young people can produce a range of emotions from excitement to causing anxieties around their next steps. At Oak Grove College, we look to support all our students in this process and below we outline some tips on how families can support their young person with this process.
Year 9, 10, 12 and 13
If your young person is in Year 9, 10, 12 or 13 we would recommend that you start researching further education facilities/providers.
- Speak to your young person/think about what are their favourite subjects/interests?
- Speak to them/think about how have their experiences of link days been? What did they enjoy?
- Start travel training (if appropraite)
- Start building independence and confidence about moving on.
Year 11 and 14
If your young person is in Year 11 or 14 click on the links below to see information and a timetable of key dates.
- Speak to/think about your young person waht are their favourite subjects/interests?
- You will need to arrange transport if your young person as this does not automatically renew for Post 16 students even if they are reamaining at Oak Grove College.
- Make visits to FE provisio/Adult Social Care. Go to their open days as these are a great source of information.
- You may need to sign up/make an account wit chosen providor to submit an application.
- You may want to consider that FE/Adult Social Care for your young person may not be full time with one providor.
- The annual review for your young person this will be key. You/your young person will need to have an idea of where they would like to go.
Further Education Providers
Click on the links below to visit the different provisions website.
If you have any further questions then contact your young person’s tutor or Visit our Parents Carers page for further information and support