I hope you have had a restful and fun half term and did not get too wet!
You cannot fail to be aware that on Saturday evening the Prime Minister announced that from Thursday England will go back into a form of lockdown. At this point all schools are expected to fully operate and will be completely open to all. This is in line with all the plans and guidance that have been released since September. However, being fully open is dependent on a full staff complement being available for work, suppliers being able to meet deliveries and orders and the transport teams operating normally.
This lockdown is not a repeat of the previous lockdown and will be a very different experience for all who are students or who work in schools. At this point there has been no further guidance released in relation to schools although this is hoped for as people will have anxieties about a number of issues.
There are some things that we need to be aware of immediately that we can tell from the announcement:
- The after-college clubs that were due to start this week based in off site sports clubs cannot now re start.
- Hiring of the college to external groups will cease on Thursday (this will cause us significant financial issues).
- Off site trips will have to be reviewed if they are using public transport and/ or facilities in the community.
Can I also take this opportunity to remind you:
- Students arriving on their own or dropped off by families must not arrive before 8:45am.
- People can only come into college if they have a planned appointment.
- If a student or any member of your household is showing the symptoms of Covid 19 then the student must not come into college. If they have shown symptoms they must only return if they have had a negative test or been off from college for 14 days from the first symptoms (and are now better) or have completed a 14 day period of self-isolation if a family member has shown symptoms.
- Please make sure all students have a coat. Even with the heating on we have windows and doors open.
If you have any specific worries or questions about the new lockdown and the impact on college please contact the college office on Tuesday morning when the senior leadership team and I will be available to talk to you.
Thank you for your continuing support and cooperation.